DefinedCrowd makes machines smarter for Fortune 500 companies around the world. You will help us conduct online data collections for some of the largest tech companies, to help develop the latest AI products! We are looking for one person to offer their expertise in French, and to assist with day-to-day operations.
You will be working in Microsoft’s office in South Lake Union, on the floor for startups. This is an open, shared office space with numerous other startups; it’s more like a library than a conventional office.
- Part-time Position: 3 Month Duration (expected), starting late December/January
- Hours : 20 hours/week
- Hourly Rate: $17/hour
We are a startup company, that means we’re boom or bust. When we’re busy, there aren’t enough hours in the day. When we’re not super busy, we rest until we’re overwhelmed again! It’s important you have a schedule that can accommodate this. Flexibly is part of the culture and is a pro/con, depending on how you look at it. We don’t want this flexibility to be a burden to your life. This also means we’re extremely easy going if you need to take time off for school or personal reasons.
A communications or marketing background is preferred. The emphasis of this position is the exchange of information. Sometimes that information is an informal email, and others it’s 10 pages of complex instructions. We need to explain things to people that we will never meet, and they may never ask for help if they don’t understand.
The person with the following skills would be an ideal candidate:
Bilingual French/English communicator
- Being bilingual is essential because you will need to understand technical terms that might not have a direct translation.
- A focus on communication, overall social skills, and maturity
- Able to work at least 15 hours per week
- Excellent ability to compose professional emails (clear explanations of situations, with calls to actions)
- A keen eye for details
- Proactive worker that asks questions when in doubt
- Ability to foresee frequently asked questions or neglected details, so they can be addressed early within emails or instructions
- Constantly aware of our audience and target goal
- Creativity and a willingness to try something new without direction
Planning and time management skills
The following activities are examples of your responsibilities:
- Crafting simple and easy to understand instructions and guidelines for users about sometimes very complex tasks
- Reviewing data in French, either for quality standards or when in communication with a client/vendor
- Helping to create and review qualification test in French
Contacter Chiew Jones, Associate Director, Experiential Learning, Bellevue College | Center for Career Connections – firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel : 425 564 2476 (Direct)