Localization Specialist (French)
- Number of position(s): 25
- Core Hours: M-F 40 hours per week, good possibility for OT.
Length of Assignment: 4 months initially. Strong potential for it to run longer.
Description of Product/Project contractor will be working on: The localization specialist will assist in the localization of voice recognition software. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be involved with cutting-edge technology. You will participate in shaping the user experience for our products in French.
Translation or Localization Examples: Finding an address, able to ask the question several different ways. Common ways a French person would ask how to make a call on the phone, find music, radio, get directions, turn on the AC or heat.
The Ideal Candidate
Required/must have skills:
- The ideal candidate has familiarity with French/German history, culture and customs, visits his/her native country at least once in a year and communicates regularly with friends and family living in the native country.
- English (speak & read) must have been in the US for at least 6 months. Reason for the 6 months is that they need to be in a position to identify the difference between Miles and Kilometers as an example. Another example would be in the US there are 3 sets of numbers for the telephone (xxx) xxx-xxxx. What would it be in French.
Knowledge of localization processes and issues. Manager’s definition of this is:
- Strong Attention to detail strong desire to accuracy,
- Understanding of how to translate common terms in French.
- Individuals do not need to have previous Localization work experience but it’s a huge bonus.
- Good knowledge of smartphones (currently uses a phone) and social media platform terminology.
- SharePoint and Jira experience bonus. Excellent grasp of grammar and spelling; and wide vocabulary.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, MS Office (Word, Excel) and ability to learn new software applications.
- think logically, creatively and imagine the perspective of a variety of users.
- organize, maintain consistency and identify minute differences across large sets of data
- write concisely in an easy to understand manner.
- work independently with minimal supervision.
- adapt to shifting priorities.
- think logically, creatively and from the perspective of a variety of users
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Someone who likes to work in a team
- Not afraid to ask questions, rather have someone ask a lot of questions, vs. think they know how to do it.
- Good communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
Team (selling points):
- Flexibility once you know what you are doing. Work hours can be adjusted based on how you do. Create own schedule however must work 40 hours every week.
- Team makes it fun, close group, all from different countries, pot lucks are awesome, really enjoy working with each other. If you have a question about anything, team will assist.
- Team spirit is awesome
If interested contact firstname.lastname@example.org