The Alliance Francaise de Seattle is part of a global organization whose mission is to promote knowledge and appreciation of the French language and Francophone cultures. A Marketing and Cultural Programs Manager is being sought to join the team in its successful drive to fulfill its mission.
Role description: The Marketing and Cultural Programs Manager reports to the Executive Director of the Alliance Francaise de Seattle (“AF”) and has two principal roles:
- creation, planning, and implementation of cultural events and programs
- marketing the activities of the AF, both in French language education and the promotion of Francophone cultures
In addition the Marketing and Cultural Programs Manager assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of the AF.
- Cultural Events and Programs – Create and implement programs and events to promote Francophone cultures, recruiting and working with partner organizations and sponsors. Past programs have been held in partnership with the Seattle Art Museum, the University of Washington and the Seattle International Film Festival, and Bastille Day and other events organized
- Marketing the activities of the AF – Create and implement a marketing plan to promote the activities of the AF, in French language education and the promotion of Francophone cultures. Be responsible for the communication of the activities of the AF, via the website, e-newsletters, social media and the press. Actively network to promote the activities of the AF within the Pacific Northwest.
- Administrative Support – Assist in the administration of the AF, in conjunction with interns, and manage the office during the absence of the Executive Director.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in marketing, the French language or related fields; Masters degree a plus
- Experience in marketing and communications
- Appreciation of Francophone and American cultures and the arts
- Previous experience in teaching and non-profit organizations a plus
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and French
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, a team builder and player
- Office software (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Adobe, Constant Contact…)
- Must have transportation and be able to travel locally
- Available for occasional evenings and weekends when program events require
Remuneration: Competitive. Dependent on experience. Includes 4 weeks of paid vacation. Vacation schedule to be approved in advance by Executive Director.
Schedule: 40 hours per week plus occasional weekends and evenings (when required for programs and events, schedule to be discussed with Executive Director).
Location: The role is based full-time at the Alliance’s premises at The Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Avenue North, Suite 205, Seattle, WA 98103
Start date: As soon as possible.