About Big Fish
Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
About the Role
As a French Translator, you will work directly with our French Localization Team in a rapidly changing environment to ensure the quality of a large volume of new game titles for our French web portal http://www.bigfishgames.fr. Your responsibilities will be, but are not limited to, translating and proofreading game content as well as ensuring that linguistic quality adheres to our high standards and guidelines. You excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment – all with the goal of furthering the company’s international growth and success. Additionally, you have a passion for linguistics and Big Fish products; you love to take on new challenges and are eager to join an agile, fun, and culturally diverse team that’s on the forefront of casual gaming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform game translations, proofread translations, and write marketing copies on a variety of games
- Translate and proofread a variety of texts for Big Fish French Portal.
- Handle additional projects for the French site as needed.
Required experience and knowledge:
- Associate’s degree or language/linguistic field degree preferred.
- Must be fluent in English and French with native proficiency preferred
- English to French translation experience (exposure to TRADOS is a plus).
- Great attention to detail and passionate about the French language.
- Experience working with XML and HTML a plus.
- Ability to be a team player who works well in a culturally diverse environment while shining as an individual and maintaining a sense of humor.
- Excellent computer skills and MS Office Suite knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of French culture and our target audience.
LONG TERM contract.
*Please submit your cover letter in French and your past translation work with the cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!