This is a full-time regular position for a Localization Editor (French) who is a core member of the editing team. He or she works closely with fellow localization editors, translators, project coordinators, and team members from various departments on all editorial facets. This requires a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances in the language of expertise. The position is located in Seattle.
- Editing and copyediting of company-wide content, such as templates, rulebooks, press releases, and all other brand-related, respectively product-related text in the language of expertise.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
- Reviewing, revising, and proofing soft copy and hard copy formats in the language of expertise.
- Interacting with fellow localization editors as well as team members and project coordinators from various departments outside of the editing department on a daily basis.
- Reporting of project status and project progress to Editing Manager on a regular basis.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience publishing under regular deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite textual content in language of expertise.
- Must be detail-oriented, with proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must be a team player.
- Native level of language of expertise and fluency in English are required.
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience using specialized technical programs to edit files is essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel in particular, is required; the ability to learn new programs is essential.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
(Merci d’indiquer que vous avez entendu parler de cette offre via l’UFE Seattle!)