Center for International Career Development
Position Title: CICD International Programs Assistant
Center for International Career Development (CICD) is a U.S. Department of State-designated sponsor organization based in Seattle. CICD facilitates international internships, training and work and travel programs for qualified international participants from around the world.
- Start Date: Immediate
- Hours: 20+ hours / week
- Compensation: $12/hour
- Location: Seattle, WA (University District)
Tasks and Activities:
- Update printed marketing materials and online program descriptions (experience with Photoshop a plus)
- Accompany Program Manager to presentations at culinary schools and other venues
- Communicate and follow up using electronic/social media promoting our programs (in French and English)
PARTICIPANT PROCESSING AND ENROLLMENT
- Assist with participant selection process, interviews, documents, assessment, payment, etc.
- Prepare and send participant applications to overseas partners for enrollment.
- Confirm/send enrollment documents and all other relevant information
- Answer participants questions/concerns
- Assist with confirming placements
- Preparation of Training Agreements and all other relevant documents for partners/government agencies.
- Checking visa deadlines
- Booking insurance
- Preparing and organizing pre-departure meetings at the Seattle office
- Sending pre-departure packages
- Confirming arrival pick-up with partners
- Processing partner payments
- Confirm participant arrival.
- Coordinate arrival pick-up with host companies.
- Monthly participant/company check-ins by email or Skype
- Compile comments for future testimonials and photos for gallery on website
- Send evaluations and certificates of completion to host companies for signature
- Assist with preparing annual meeting with former and future participants
- Existing US work visa (Green card…)
- French and English Fluency
- Available 20+ hours/week (somewhat flexible hours)
- EXTREMELY detail-oriented and organized
- Great people skills
- EXCELLENT writing and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Fast learner who excels at cooperative team work
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced, international environment
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Experience working with non-native English speakers a plus
To apply for this position:
E-mail your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample* as attachments to CICD at email@example.com. To ensure our immediate attention, please write “Application for CICD International Programs Position” in the subject line of your e-mail.
* Include at least two independent writing samples demonstrating professional level communication: one in French and one in English.